COVID-19: A Message from Young Dermatology
We are excited to offer you both in-office and telehealth appointments. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, your safety and the safety of our staff are our top priority. We want to inform you of new measures we have instituted to maximize patient safety and social distancing.
- If you are having flu-like symptoms, muscle aches, fever over 99.5 deg F, chills, loss of taste or smell, cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, or if you have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home to protect our staff and our other patients. We will be happy to reschedule you.
- Please come alone or with a single guest if you require physical assistance. Parents may come in with a minor, but we request all other accompanying guests to wait in the building lobby or in your vehicle.
- All of our staff are wearing masks. We ask that patients also wear a mask or facial covering when entering the clinic. During the appointment, it may be reasonable or necessary to take the mask off in the examination room.
- In order to minimize crowding or interpersonal exposure in the waiting area, our goal is to immediately bring patients into an examination room as soon as you have checked in.
- We have instituted measures to minimize touch. We encourage you to set up and activate a patient portal with your own log in. Via your patient portal, you can complete patient forms, upload identification and insurance information, send us secure messages and photos and view appointment summaries. You may also schedule your appointment and make payment online.
- We are frequently disinfecting all surfaces, including countertops and door handles.
We have installed air sterilizers with advanced photocatalytic oxidation technology which deactivate viruses and bacteria, to provide clean air.
If you have any questions regarding our safety protocol, please reach out to Madelline Ballena, our Clinic Manager ([email protected]).